Why the Megaformer?
The Megaformer is the best fitness equipment in the world. The Megaformer™ provides a system of resistance and counter resistance that place muscles under constant tension and work them to failure point, a key to the method’s delivery of swift results. The Megaformer™ provides a dynamic platform for our instructors to continuously create new and unique workout experiences, constantly evolving and challenging our clients in new ways. At The Megaformer Studio, we are proud to offer the M3K+.
What is Lagree?
Lagree is the future of fitness, it’s a high intensity low impact full body muscular endurance workout. The Lagree Fitness Method delivers results, fast. The low impact program done on the patented Megaformer™ machines features targeted exercises performed at a slow and controlled pace, activating slow twitch muscle fibres to build the long lean physique that has made this workout famous. The combination of working muscles to failure and eliminating rest periods creates workout regimen that burns the maximum number of calories in a minimal amount of time, and most efficiently develops muscle tone and strength. Best of all, the effective intensity can always be adapted, preventing clients from ever reaching a training plateau.
You can expect:
- the movements to be done slowly, in the famous Lagree 4-count, but the transitions between movements to be quick.
- The movements to be “blocked” together based on body part. Meaning, core movements are blocked together, upper body movements together and left and right legs together- this allows for complete muscle exhaustion in that body part.
- A positive and open attitude. The Lagree Method can be challenging and humbling. We encourage you to listen to your body and your instructor.
- Grip Socks are MANDATORY for class. Where your feet go, your head and hands will follow. Wearing socks ensures the cleanest surfaces on the machine and floor. They aid in both sanitation and safety. If you forget yours, we have them at the front desk available for rent and for purchase.
- A water bottle which can be filled at one of our water dispensers.
- Comfortable clothing that allow your muscles to stretch and your skin to breathe.
- Strong perfumes should be avoided as some participants may be allergic.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled class start time. This will allow for an adequate orientation to the studio and ensure you are ready to get a Megaformer tutorial refresher (please be sure to watch the above video!).
- You should expect a challenging workout marked by shaky muscles and more sweat than you’d expect. You might also experience muscle soreness right away but more likely late onset muscle fatigue occurring between 24-72 hours after the workout. This is normal as you are working muscles that never get worked at all or not in this manner.
Are you new to Lagree and want to learn the basics? Our FUNDAMENTAL classes are the ideal way to discover the method and the machine. The FUNDEMENTALS class is 50-minutes with the emphasis placed on teaching correct form, technique, and getting new clients comfortable with the LAGREEE method . FUNDAMENTAL consists of a specific sequence of moves that does not change so as to allow the client to master the form needed. FUNDAMENTAL classes are also an excellent way for Lagree veterans to be reacquainted with the basics
Our premiere class will put you through the paces in a high-intensity, low-impact, full-body workout. Our trainers will instruct you through a series of slow & controlled movements that are sequenced to work your muscles to failure. We recommend taking our MEGA TOTAL BODY classes 4 to 5 times a week with rest days in between. You will thank us later. This class is designed for all fitness levels however it can be modified to accommodate your individual goals.
We always recommending take at lest one FUNDAMENTAL class if you are totally new to the Megaformer.